Monday, November 21, 2011

Video Copilot


When I want to learn a new computer skill, I have many choices on where I can go for information. One of my favorite sites is called Video Copilot

Here's a screen shot of the website: Don't worry if your screen looks different because it continually changes. 


Now that you're on the site, click on tutorials on the upper-right-hand corner. Once you're there, you can choose from popular tutorials on the screen or you can search for your own using the TUTORIAL SEARCH bar. 

The last tutorial I watched was on ENERGY. So, I typed in ENERGY into the search bar and this is what came up. 


The two tutorials I have watched under this category are: Galactic Orb (#115) and 3D Light Casting (#93). The length of the video is listed under the title of the tutorial. In this case, Galactic Orb is 45 minutes and 3D Light Casting is 38 minutes long. Be sure you have enough time set aside to watch the videos, otherwise, it is a little difficult to come back to them and get back into it. 

If you don't already have the program After Effects, you might want to get it so you can try out these lessons on your own. If you're just watching tutorials to see if you want to get After Effects or not, I recommend starting with a basic overview of the software itself. 

Even though it takes a lot of patience to watch these tutorials, it sure beats wasting TONS of time trying to figure out how to work the software. Also, the tutorials give you ideas that can inspire your own videos. 

My last recommendation is to keep a notebook handy. I label my notebook with the date, the name and number of the tutorial, and my notes or shortcuts that I want to remember. This way, you can go back through your notes in case you get into the program and forget what steps you need to take to create a certain effect. It is easier to look at your notes than to go back and watch the whole video all over again. 

Thanks for tuning in and see you later! 




No comments:

Post a Comment